Last Winter
By Charlie

Last winter my sister and I built a snowman. It was huge and happy. It sparkled like sapphires being struck by the sun.  Then it starting hailing so we went inside. We went to the upstairs window and looked out. The snowman was dead.  He had been shot to shreds by the hail.  We wanted to rebuild it so we waited for the hail to stop.  Finally, we went outside and made snowballs instead. It was fun. We liked it so we made lots – shovel, shovel, shovel went our hands.  We rolled three giant balls each.  ‘Shhh’ went the balls.  It hailed that night. Clang, clang, clang went the hail on the roof.  I went outside and tasted the snow. It felt like frostbite.  It was cold. My breath was like a dragon's.  I looked up and I could only see cold wet snow.  Whoosh, it was racing like a snow tornado.  Something starting banging.  It was hail, bang, bang, bang! I went inside to have a milo. It was very warm and very nice.  It was a fantastic day!



No comments:

Post a Comment