Winter’s Day
 By Jack

Have you ever woken up on a snowy day?  Whoosh went the wind.  This happened in 2012.  I said to mum “Can I go outside?”  “But you’ve still got your PJ’s on”, said Mum.  “Oh,” I said.  So I got changed into my clothes and gloves and wooly hat and then went outside.  I slipped on black ice.  The snow was deep.  Bang, bang, bang went the hail on the roof.  The snow was a deep as a mountain inside out. I had a dump truck so I put snow in it and threw it at my sister and dad.    My mum got covered by the cold snow.  Finally the freezing snow stopped.  As soon as the freezing cold snow had stopped hail started to fall from the clouds.  Bang, bang, bang it went on the roof. 

The next day I woke up. I didn’t want to get up.  It was hot as the sun flaming to earth, but I had to get up for school.  “Oh,” I said.  “It’s snowing, yay no school” I said. So I went back to bed.  I woke up at 10 o’clock.  As soon as I went out I slipped on slippery black ice.  Black ice is ice that you cannot see.  Me, my dad and my sister made a snowman.  We put a Crusaders scarf around his neck and put a carrot nose on and stone eyes and a mouth.  We took a picture of it and put it on Facebook.  I felt frozen.  The snow covered the ground like a white blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment